Ask A Designer Before You Hire Them
The Top Ten Questions To Ask A Designer Before You Hire Them:
- Do you do your work in 3D?
- Do you own the drawings or do ‘I’?
- Do you charge every time I want something changed?
- Will you come see my lot before you begin?
- Will you come to my home and see what I am trying to do?
- Have you ever built anything yourself?
- Do you have any references?
- May I see some of your work?
- What is included in your design package?
- Will you keep me ‘on track’ making sure I don’t get myself in trouble because of costs, as I am not aware of what things cost?
The Top Seven Mistakes People Make When Hiring a Designer:
- Thinking every designer knows what he/she’s doing.
- Not structuring the design requirements up front.
- Not researching who you are choosing to do your project.
- Not understanding the residential or commercial markets.
- Giving wrong information to the designer.Your architectural designer is on your team.You need to give the true information on the front end.
- Choosing the wrong designer because of price!Interview, interview, interview!!!
- Not allowing the proper time to get the ‘best’, ‘most creative’, ‘most useful’ and ‘most efficient’ design possible.